There isn’t a shock to the system quite like arriving home from a tropical vacation in the middle of winter to a frigid house. Calling a technician to take a look, hoping your pipes don’t freeze … such a major inconvenience when you just want to unpack and try to adjust to the sudden temperature change. If only there was a way to know when your furnace goes out when you’re not home. Well, one of the great things about technology is that now, with a smart thermostat, you can be notified if your heating or cooling systems malfunction at any time.
Smart thermostats allow you to control your home’s temperature from just about anywhere. Plus, these energy-efficient thermostats qualify for rebates from ComEd, which means that in addition to the savings on your heating and cooling bills, the thermostats themselves are quite affordable.
Our preferred brand of a smart thermostat is ecobee. The ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control has a state-of-the-art SmartSensor with temperature and occupancy detection, built-in Amazon Alexa, and an intuitive smartphone app, which all deliver control over your comfort and your home. The ecobee has a glass touch display, powerful processor, Wi-Fi, and voice detection. Read on for more about the amazing features of this high-tech device.
- You can use Alexa to control your ecobee SmartThermostat and call or connect to other smart devices — all with the power of your voice. Ask Alexa to do things like: set the temperature, read the news, set a timer, and more. Pair with a Bluetooth speaker for the ultimate audio experience.
- By reducing wasted energy in your home, you can save on your heating and cooling costs. The ecobee SmartThermostat is ENERGY STAR® certified, which means that it meets the energy efficiency requirements set forth by the EPA.
- Control your ecobee from anywhere using your Android or iOS devices. The ecobee also Integrates perfectly with your favorite smart home systems including the Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, and IFTTT.
- With Bluetooth wireless technology and the ability to stream Spotify, it’s the smart thermostat that takes music seriously. ecobee has embedded microphones with far-field voice recognition and a speaker engineered for clear voice and full sound. Unlock the ability to play music simultaneously between all your multi-room compatible speakers.
- If the ecobee senses that you are home during your scheduled Away period, or away during your scheduled Home period, it will automatically override your schedule to maximize comfort and savings.
- ecobee is constantly monitoring your equipment performance and will send you an alert if anything is not working or is performing sub-optimally. Similarly, ecobee can show you free energy reports that track how much energy you’ve conserved each month and provide insight into your home heating and cooling equipment.
- ecobee SmartSensor is the thermostat room sensor that can be paired with any ecobee thermostat to unlock the full potential of your ecobee experience. It detects both temperature and occupancy, allowing for targeted temperature control in important rooms and a target average temperature across multiple rooms — meaning enhanced overall comfort for your whole home. Plus, SmartSensor can help further your home’s energy efficiency by signaling your thermostat to start saving when you’re not home, keeping your energy bill in check.
If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of installing a smart thermostat, give us a call today.