The Importance of HVAC Care
Your HVAC system keeps your home or business cool during warm days, but if offers even more benefits than that. As mentioned, high humidity can affect, and even damage, your property. For example, excessive indoor humidity from poor condenser coil cleaning and other causes correlates with several issues, including:
- Mold development
- Increased insect populations
- Increased amounts of illness and discomfort
Air conditioners also help keep a property’s occupants productive and safe. People often become more sluggish and uncomfortable in excessive warmth, and some can suffer from medical emergencies due to overheating. A well-maintained and repaired AC can help increase productivity and safety for housemates, coworkers, or clients.
Moreover, if you hesitate on HVAC repairs to save money, you will likely increase costs down the line. When a part of the air conditioner starts to fail, continuing to run the system will increase the stress on other components. Then, an issue we could’ve resolved with AC coil brushing worsens to require a coil replacement, costing more money.
Consistent AC care and maintenance reduces the medical, economic, and functional stressors a poorly maintained HVAC system can cause. Even if you aren’t sure you can afford a full service, call an expert for a consultation. An AC repair in Medinah, IL, may cost less than you think.
Signs Your AC Needs Repairs
Usually, your air conditioner will show warning signs that something is internally wrong with the system. The sooner you address these signs, the more likely you will pay less for repairs down the line.
Look out for:
- Low airflow
- Warm air from the AC
- Poor humidity control
- Thermostat malfunctions
- Strange odors from the vents
- Uneven or inconsistent cooling
- Refrigerant leaks around the unit
- Unexplained electric bill spikes
- Loud rumbling or banging noises from the unit or ductwork
If you notice any of these signs, contact a trustworthy HVAC technician as soon as possible. The last situation you’d want is to be left without any airflow when you need it most. We take calls 24/7, so you can set an appointment anytime.
Common AC Issues We Fix
Our technicians have served Medinah citizens for many years, providing award-winning repairs, replacements, and installations. We continue to update our knowledge as new HVAC systems and ways of working with them arise. Northern Illinois residents often deal with select AC problems common for the hot-summered continental climate:
- Clogged Condensate Drains: Algae, fungi, and other water-preferring contaminants can cause the unit’s condensate drain to back up. The drain allows moisture from the condenser coils in your AC to flow out of the home. Water inside the building or leaking out of the unit often indicates a clog or condensate pump issue.
- Dirty Air Filters: The air filters in your HVAC system help prevent pollutants from entering the property and protect the unit from dust and debris buildup. A dirty air filter can prevent proper airflow and allow contaminants into the air or system. Not replacing the filter can necessitate an air conditioning system cleaning.
- AC Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant circulates through air conditioners and heat pumps to absorb and emit heat energy in select areas. For cooling, the system should absorb heat from the inside and release it outside, but it needs enough refrigerant to function. A leak means your unit doesn’t have enough of the chemical compound to cool your property, causing uneven cooling, warm AC air, and other issues.
System Repair Highlight: HVAC Coil Cleaning
Without condenser and evaporator coil maintenance, you may need to get expensive AC repair in Medinah, IL. The condenser and evaporator coils allow refrigerant to circulate through the unit and redistribute heat energy.
If they have too much dirt, dust, and grime on them, the refrigerant cannot absorb heat. The debris can build up enough that the natural cooling of the refrigerant causes it to freeze onto the coils. Once frozen, cleaning the coils off becomes more difficult.
We highly recommend making coil cleaning and care a priority for your residential or commercial HVAC maintenance practices. Clean coils can reduce energy bill costs, extend your AC unit’s expected lifespan, and reduce the stress on other system parts. Our team uses specialized coil cleaner solutions to restore its function to near-new condition.